Here are the advantages of Showbie:
- Students can work directly on the assignment using pen tools, text boxes, voice notes and more. They can also work on any app, or using actual materials, and then take a photo of their work and upload it into their assignment folder. This allows students to share ideas in the way that is most effective for them.
- I can provide feedback directly on the assignments, using a written note or voice note. Students can then go back and improve their work based on the feedback.
- Each student's folder is private to them.
- Students have the opportunity to add pieces of work to their electronic portfolio
- We can upload videos, photos and other digital work. Students can also upload a photo and annotate it in different ways. This means we can take a photo of something we are working on and then explain our thinking with a voice note, or with text features.
- This app allows parents to see student work in action, and gives students the opportunity to continue to work at home, without bringing anything home with them.
- We can reduce our paper usage significantly!
If you have any questions about Showbie, please send me a note in the agenda. You can check it out directly by clicking on this button. Once you get to the Showbie main page, just click on "sign in" in the top right corner.